Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from the 1961 Better Homes & Gardens Dessert Cookbook, and tweaked for extra goodness. It's incredibly easy, and tastes just as good as regular cheesecake. Only uses 8 ounces of cream cheese, so it's convenient, too.
- Combine crumbs, sucanat and softened butter with hands until incorporated.
- Press into 8 inch pie plate, building up the sides.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the 1/2 cup of sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, blending each in thoroughly.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until set, but not brown.
- Top with desired toppings, if you wish, but the pie is fine by itself.