Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from the 1961 Better Homes & Gardens Dessert Cookbook, and tweaked for extra goodness. It's incredibly easy, and tastes just as good as regular cheesecake. Only uses 8 ounces of cream cheese, so it's convenient, too.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sucanat (unrefined cane sugar) or 1⁄4 cup granulated brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) packageneufchatel low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
- Combine crumbs, sucanat and softened butter with hands until incorporated.
- Press into 8 inch pie plate, building up the sides.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the 1/2 cup of sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, blending each in thoroughly.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until set, but not brown.
- Top with desired toppings, if you wish, but the pie is fine by itself.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! my husband loves cheesecake, but i've never been able to make one that turned out edible - this one came out perfect!