This recipe has come about by trial and error, I finally got it right about 20 yeras ago, and my family and friends won't let me change it. Enough stuffing for a 15-18 lb bird.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups toasted white bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly crushed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 turkey giblets, finely chopped (including neck meat, I also buy extra chicken giblets and cook and use them)
- 3 -4 cups turkey broth (I like a very moist stuffing, you can adjust to your taste)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 1Place torn bread in large mixing bowl, add layers of celery, green onions, olives and giblets, pour enough broth to keep moist, repeat, until all ingredients have been used.
- 2Use remainder of broth if any and mix well, season with salt and pepper.
- 3Pour melted butter and mix again.
- 4Stuff your bird.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big J's Basic Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.4
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 383.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: