Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe has come about by trial and error, I finally got it right about 20 yeras ago, and my family and friends won't let me change it. Enough stuffing for a 15-18 lb bird.
- 8 cups toasted white bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly crushed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 turkey giblets, finely chopped (including neck meat, I also buy extra chicken giblets and cook and use them)
- 3 -4 cups turkey broth (I like a very moist stuffing, you can adjust to your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- Place torn bread in large mixing bowl, add layers of celery, green onions, olives and giblets, pour enough broth to keep moist, repeat, until all ingredients have been used.
- Use remainder of broth if any and mix well, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour melted butter and mix again.
- Stuff your bird.