Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson
Make and share this Big Curry Noodle Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces dried asian-style wide whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into thumb-sliced slices
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons shoyu, sauce
- 1 tablespoon natural cane sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2⁄3 cup peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup slivered shallot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook noodles in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat, then stir in garlic, onion, and curry paste and mash the paste around the bottom of the pan a bit to distribute it evenly. Cook until nice and fragrant - just a minute or two.
- Add the tofu and gently stir until coated with the curry paste.
- Stir in the coconut milk, stock, turmeric, shoyu and sugar. Bring to a simmer and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the lime juice, and add the noodles, jostling them a bit if they're sticking.
- To serve, heap big piles of noodles into individual bowls and top with a generous ladle or two of the curry.
- Top with peanuts and finish each bowl with a sprinkling of shallots and cilantro.