Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dried asian-style wide whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into thumb-sliced slices
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons shoyu, sauce
- 1 tablespoon natural cane sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2/3 cup peanuts
- 1/3 cup slivered shallot
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Cook noodles in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat, then stir in garlic, onion, and curry paste and mash the paste around the bottom of the pan a bit to distribute it evenly. Cook until nice and fragrant - just a minute or two.
- 3Add the tofu and gently stir until coated with the curry paste.
- 4Stir in the coconut milk, stock, turmeric, shoyu and sugar. Bring to a simmer and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat, stir in the lime juice, and add the noodles, jostling them a bit if they're sticking.
- 6To serve, heap big piles of noodles into individual bowls and top with a generous ladle or two of the curry.
- 7Top with peanuts and finish each bowl with a sprinkling of shallots and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Curry Noodle Pot
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.8
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 521.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat egg noodles
red curry paste