Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another much loved recipe by my DH's mom After reading reviewers comments I've decided to reduce the amount of macaroni to 8 oz from 1 lb.
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove
- 28 ounces tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water until cooked.
- Fry onion and garlic in butter.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, cloves, salt, pepper and crushed chillies.
- Place meat mixture and macaroni into oven proof dish.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
I used 1 onion. This is easy to do. We didn't like the clove taste so next time I'll omit that. I added more cheese on top. It could be great to stir some cheese in the pasta and meat. Thanks Dreamer :) Made for Holiday tag game
This was super simple to prepare and provides one of those meals that reminds you of mom. I felt it could have had a little more tomatoes, next time might add more or cut back on the amount of pasta.
This is almost the same way I make mine but I add a few more different spices. But it is really delicious. I had put in more onions and I mixed a bit of the cheese in the skillet then put more on top for in the oven. I am not sure why you have 1/4 cup water listed in ingredients though. Maybe it was to be added to sauce, not sure. I didn't use it and the sauce was fine for me. Made for Think Pink Tag Oct'09 Thanks for a great recipe Dreamer