Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use to serve this to my bridge group many years ago (Came from a 1962 issue) It is excellent. Times do not include chilling times.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1⁄2 lb marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Mix crumbs, butter and sugar. Press firmly into a 9x9x2 inch baking dish. Chill until set.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the strawberries and let stand for about 1/2 hour. Drain reserving the juice.
- Add water to juice to make 1 cup and add to gelatin. Chill till partially set.
- Meanwhile, combine marshmellows and milk and heat until marshmellows melt. Cool thoroughly and fold in whipped cream.
- Add berries to gelatin, then swirl in the marshmellow mixture to marble.
- Pour into crust and chill till set. Cut into squares.