Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares. Easy, fast to prepare and delicious to eat!!!
Make and share this Betty's Fruit Cocktail Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease an 8-inch square cake pan.
- Base: in a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together, sugar, egg and fruit cocktail. Blend in flour mixture. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Topping: in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over top of cake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place pan on a rack to cool completely, then cut into squares.
I was excited to try this NO FAT recipe. I'm sorry to say it didn't turn out good for me. It was very easy to make but the edges, bottom and top all ended up burning at 40 minutes. I used a 15oz can of very cherry fruit cocktail but can imagine tropical fruit in this. The cake part had a nice spongy texture but didn't hold all of the fruit together. I wonder if this one would microwave well? Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
I found this recipe following an ingredient search for fruit cocktail...so glad I did! These are super-moist and very delicious! Thanks for posting this! :)