Recipe by Expat in Holland
A good friend and fellow coworkers gave me this recipe for homemade Cranberry Sauce. Since making it the first time, I have made it every Thanksgiving since. It has always gotten raves. It is to change as well. You can sub Apricot, Cherry,or Raspberry preserves for the Orange marmalade. I also sometimes omit the walnuts as my stepdaughter is allergic. Any leftovers after the holiday I use in my Thanksgiving Salmon recipe. That recipe I have also posted.
Top Review by Sam Bo
I made this for Thanksgiving and it turned out AMAZING! I did add a dash of nutmeg & ground cloves. It tasted fine without, but I wanted that extra zip. Thanks so much for the recipe, I am hooked!
- 5 cups cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine cranberries and sugar. Toss well.
- Place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350, covered, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and stir in marmalade, lemon juice and grated peel and walnuts.
- Stir well to combine.
- Leave at room temp to cool for 45 minutes.