1/2 Photos of Betty Givan's Parmesan Chicken Casserole With Wild Rice
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
Betty Given demonstrates recipes on YouTube. When she demonstrated this recipe she praised it so highly, I had to copy it down. She calls this her go-to recipe and she uses it whenever she takes a meal to a neighbor for whatever reason.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 lb butter (1 stick, cut into chunks)
- 1 (6 ounce) box uncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend (fast cooking recipe)
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- cooking spray, if desired
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Mix the three cans of soup with 2 cups of milk and the stick of butter in a saucepan. Place the saucepan over low heat as you work on the chicken, being sure to stir the soup mixture occasionally.
- 3Remove any extra fat, skin, and gristle from the chicken and discard it. Cut the uncooked chicken breast meat into bite-sized chunks (or cubes).
- 4When the soup mixture is hot and smooth, start assembling your casserole. Use a large oven proof (pyrex) casserole dish, about 14" x 10" x2". If you don't have a dish this large, make two small casseroles and cook for a shorter time. Spray baking dish with cooking spray, if desired. This is not a necessary step, however, though it might make serving a little easier.
- 5Pour 1/2 of soup mixture into bottom of baking dish. Lightly and evenly sprinkle the long grain and wild rice over the top of the soup mixture. Reserve the seasoning pack for another use. Next, place the chunks of uncooked chicken evenly over the top of the rice. Now pour the remaining soup mixture over the top of the chicken chunks. Finish off the casserole by generously sprinkling the top with grated Parmesan cheese. You may grate fresh Parmesan cheese or use Kraft's. It is important that you sprinkle plenty of the Parmesan cheese. Betty uses 1/2 of the large Kraft can.
- 6Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour. Remove the foil and brown the top for about 15 minutes. If you bake the casserole uncovered for 1 hour 15 minutes, it won't be quite as saucy. Serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Betty Givan's Parmesan Chicken Casserole With Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.4
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 158.5 mg
- Sodium 1245.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend