Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This comes from the Betty Crocker Cookbook, 1980 printing. It is very moist and gets gobbled up quickly in my house!
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded (about 2 medium sized, liquid and all)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup nuts (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 9x5x3 inches or 3 loaf pans 8.5x4.5x2.5 inches.
- Mix shortening and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs, zucchini and water.
- Blend in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 60-70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before removing from pans. Cool completely before slicing. Wrap and refrigerate no longer than 10 days.