Recipe by dojemi
There are many versions of this around but, IMHO, non equal to this one. Enjoy!
Top Review by Ashleigh12
This is a great recipe. I use pecans instead and usually just mix the the flour and nuts in the baking dish and then pour the melted butter over the top, mixing and pressing into the pan. My grandmother and mother made this recipe when I was young and now when I make it, my children go crazy over it. Thanks for posting this!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coursely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup i stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 2 (4 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- chopped nuts
- chocolate curls
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, mix flour, walnuts and butter.
- Pat into prepared dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Prepare vanilla pudding using 2 cups of the milk.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Prepare chocolate pudding with remaining 2 cups milk.
- spread over the vanilla pudding layer.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate curls.
- Cut into squares.