Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
adapted from Mrs Weasley’s Rock Cakes at the Floo-Network
Make and share this Better-Than-Hagrid's Rock Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl and rub in the butter lightly with the fingers until the mix looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and currants.
- Beat the egg together lightly with the milk and vanilla. Pour it into the flour mixture and stir until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Shape dough into 2 inch balls, dip the tops in coarse sugar and place on baking sheet. They won’t spread very much, so they can be fairly close together.
- Bake for about 13-16 minutes, until tops of cakes are light gold.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool, or eat them straight away.