Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fluffy, thick biscuits great for breakfast and dinner
Make and share this Better Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sift together all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Stir ingredients to ensure ingredients are evenly dispearsed.
- Cut in shortening and butter until mixture looks like small peas or crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add all milk at once in the well.
- Stir just until dough starts to stick together. (The key to fluffy biscuits is little handeling).
- Transfer dough onto a floured board.
- Sprinkle dough and hands with flour to prevent sticking.
- Kneed dough gently 8 - 10 strokes; add flour little by little as needed to keep from sticking.
- Shape dough into a large rectangle about 1/2 inch thick using your hands.
- Cut using a large knife into squares; don't slide knife through, gently lift up.
- Place biscuits onto ungreased baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart, buiscuts will rise double its orginal size.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until tops begin to brown.
- Serve warm or cold with butter, honey, or fruit preserves.
- Store in an air-tight container.
A little too thick and heavy but amazing texture and taste. This recipe makes a lot so they last for a few days. I also noticed the batter is a bit dryer then I like. Try adding 1/4 cup more milk. Amazing buscuits and I got great compliments