Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my MIL's recipe. I'm not even finished cooking it yet, but tasted and can't believe how good it is. So I had to share it.
- 2 -3 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 bakers chocolate square
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Crystal hot sauce
- 3 (15 ounce) cansbush kidney beans, drained
- Brown ground beef, onions, green pepper, and garlic thoroughly until meat is well cooked. Use a little olive oil if the meat is not rendering enough fat. Drain thoroughly.
- Add chili powder and ground cumin and heat until seasoning begins to smell fragrant and mixture looks slightly dry.
- Add beer, Rotel, tomatoes, and chocolate.
- Add salt, balsamic vinegar, sugar, Crystal hot sauce, and garlic powder to taste.
- Add kidney beans.
- Simmer for several hours or simmer for an hour or so, let sit overnight in fridge and the reheat -- Always best the second day!
- Taste and correct seasoning.