Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is not for the calorie conscience people. My Bestemor used to make these in a waffle maker that she would open with a pickle fork. We wouldn't DARE eat them with syrup (as they're sweet enough) however, we would eat them with home made strawberry jam. The aroma of cardamom is amazing. If I want to get my children out of bed - I simply make a batch of Bestemor's waffles.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- strawberry jam
- Beat eggs and sugar together until they turn light yellow. Mix remaining ingredients together and let stand 10 minutes.
- Cook to manufacturers directions on machine.
- Serve warm with strawberry jam.
Unfortunately, this was not to our taste. We prefer a crispy waffle; these were almost cakelike and way too thick. Much too sweet, too.
The taste is good because of the cardamom. But way too sweet. We didn't like the texture. We like crispy waffles. And these ones were not crispy at all. They were pliable. I tried putting them in the toaster to make them crispy, but they were not standing upright. I probably won't do this recipe again because of that. Made for All you can cook buffet