Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are a real tradition from when I was growing up. I would always have this in my lunchbox or when I went round to my uncles, it is best served on soft white bread
- butter bread, if you find the taste of vegemite too strong.
- spread with vegemite to your desire.
- get as many potato chips on as possible.
- put a piece of bread on top of that.
- press down to crunch the chips and let them break.
- cut into 4 squares and serve.
A classic - Thanks for the memories!
I can't believe I got to my age (not telling !), living in Australia and have never tried these sanga's. I mentioned these to my work buddies and they assure me that twisties work just as well as chips. Might give that a go next !
Awww...pixie..you've gotta either be a kiwi or from Australia. These were standard school fodder, on the run fodder or just to tide us over til tea-time fodder. What great memories this brings back. Either ya love the stuf or ya hate it....we were raised on it. Love it...love the sammies. Thankyou pixie