Recipe by RToma422
I love scalloped potatoes but until this recipe always failed!! I saw it in Emeril but add my own touches.
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 4 cups cream
- heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- chives (optional)
- bacon (optional)
- sausage (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the cream to a simmer,.
- Slice the potatoes thinly and when cream is almost to simmer - add potatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Butter a baking dish.
- When potatoes are fork tender spoon into the baking dish with some cream to form an even layer.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese and if wanted add an optional ingredient here. Spoon rest of potatoes into dish and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 - 40 minutes until bubbly and brown. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.