Recipe by Scandigirl
An old recipe I use when we have company as I can prepare it ahead of time and have freshly out of the oven in no time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons hot mashed potatoes
- 1 envelope yeast
- 6 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in luke warm milk to which a tsp.of the sugar has been added.
- Scald the milk and add sugar and salt, cool to luke warm.
- Add the dissolved yeast.
- Add 1 cup flour at a time and beat well.
- Add hot mashed potatoes in small portions and beat well.
- Put into fridge and cover.
- This can be prepared 3-8 hours before using.
- Form into rolls.
- Take out of fridge and let them rise to twice the size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.