Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been experimenting with pancake batters forever! I have several favorites. This is one of them.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups milk (about)
- Pre-heat cast iron skillet on medium low or griddle to 325 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add all wet ingredients to dry beating eggs before-hand.
- Us a spatula to gently combine dry and wet ingredients. Do not overmix! You should have lumps otherwise your pancakes will be flat and tough.
- Let batter rest for 15 minutes to 1/2 an hour. During this time your pan or griddle will be perfectly pre-heated.
- Use a 1/2 cup ladel to pour batter into your pre-heated cast iron pan or griddle.
- Flip and cook till golden brown and delicious!
Indeed, a very good pancake with a light textutre.