Recipe by Rita1
These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever eaten. They are soft and chewy. They are great when you add the nuts and chocolate chips. Whenever I take these cookies to a potluck or family get together, people always request that I bring these cookies. I got this recipe out a cook book a number of years ago. I have changed the recipe slightly from the original.
Top Review by sigel369
These are the best cookies I've ever had!!! I've made them for 2 years now and everyone always requests them!!! Even my fiance who hates sweets loves them! I am allergic to eggs and always on the lookout for great egg-free recipes!!!! Thank you very much Rita!!!!!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add biscuit mix and vanilla; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten with fork.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze for future use.
- For chocolate peanut butter cookies, add 1/4 cup cocoa and a dusting of cinnamon to the batter.