Lavender Butter Cookies
photo by NW Cajun Foodie
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 egg, fork beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried lavender blossoms
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the egg, vanilla and heavy cream.
- Add enough flour to make a dough that clings together.
- Stir in crushed lavender buds.
- Form dough with lightly floured hands into a roll and wrap in wax paper.
- Chill well for 2-3 hours.
- Then cut off slices 1/4 inch thick with sharp knife.
- Place on baking sheets about an inch apart.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven about 15 minutes or edges just start to turn lightly brown.
- Do not over bake, so watch carefully.
- Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
- Note: These really taste wonderful when complely cold.
- One may sprinkle on some lavender-scented powdered sugar.
- A lovely tea time cookie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!