1/2 Photos of Best Ever French Bread
Crusty on the outside, moist and delicious on the inside, this easy recipe has what it takes to make beautiful loaves that will impress, every time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast in the water, add salt and sugar.
- 2Add flour until it forms a soft dough(not sticky!)
- 3Knead the dough for 6-8 minutes, until it's smooth and elastic. ( I use the dough hook on my kitchenaid mixer for about 4 minutes, then knead by hand for 4 minutes.)
- 4Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Place dough inside, turning once to coat.
- 5Cover and let rise one hour, until doubled.
- 6Punch dough down, and cut in half.
- 7Form into 2 12'' loaves. (In the pics, I did one long loaf, and two small rounds)
- 8Cover with damp dishcloth. Let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place, I set mine on the stove on top of my pre-heating oven.
- 9Cut dough with diagonal marks, about 4 down the length of the loaf.
- 10Bake at 450 degrees F. for about 15 mins -- If you want really crusty loaves, I pour about 1/4 cup of water into the oven just before I close the door--my improvised steaming method :-).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever French Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1076 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1067.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2341.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 221.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 33.6 g