Recipe by Anu
These have to be the best banana muffins I've tasted! I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and tweaked it to make it egg-free and low-fat. These muffins taste best fresh from the oven, and also are the perfect, healthy way to start your day!
Top Review by MizzNezz
I doubled this recipe and I am very glad I did! 6 muffins just wouldn't have done it! We ate these for a snack right after they were baked with butter melting on them, YUM! Then we had them for breakfast the next morning! They are so good! Moist, just sweet enough. Flavor is great! The only thing I did was up the vanilla to a full teaspoon, otherwise I made them as the recipe directs. Thank you Anu, for a great recipe!
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml rolled oats
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, unpacked
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 89.90 ml skim milk or 89.90 ml soymilk
- 40.22 ml applesauce
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml mashed banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, mix together milk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add the mashed bananas, and combine thoroughly.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined.
- Lightly grease and dust 6 muffin cups (or line with paper bake cups), and divide the batter among them.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 minutes.