These have to be the best banana muffins I've tasted! I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and tweaked it to make it egg-free and low-fat. These muffins taste best fresh from the oven, and also are the perfect, healthy way to start your day!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, mix together milk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add the mashed bananas, and combine thoroughly.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined.
- Lightly grease and dust 6 muffin cups (or line with paper bake cups), and divide the batter among them.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 minutes.