Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These have to be the best banana muffins I've tasted! I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and tweaked it to make it egg-free and low-fat. These muffins taste best fresh from the oven, and also are the perfect, healthy way to start your day!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, mix together milk, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add the mashed bananas, and combine thoroughly.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined.
- Lightly grease and dust 6 muffin cups (or line with paper bake cups), and divide the batter among them.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
I doubled this recipe and I am very glad I did! 6 muffins just wouldn't have done it! We ate these for a snack right after they were baked with butter melting on them, YUM! Then we had them for breakfast the next morning! They are so good! Moist, just sweet enough. Flavor is great! The only thing I did was up the vanilla to a full teaspoon, otherwise I made them as the recipe directs. Thank you Anu, for a great recipe!
I made these for my parents in law while they visited and we all concurred that they were very good. I used whole wheat pastry flour which made them taste a little nuttier and added more fiber.
Jsut finished making these nOw - though by the time they reached my plate, they weren't as lOw fat. I didn't have applesauce and used the same about of peanut butter. Added 1/2 tsp of hOney an 1/4 cup of bran cereal. Then i sprinkled the tOp of half with chOcolate chips and the other half with nuts...mmmm mmm goOdness :D There's a secOnd batch in the oven already :)