1/1 Photo of Best Ever Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Susan Dillard's Note:
I got this recipe from one of the first issues of Chocolatier magazine several years ago. I have tried other versions of chocolate chip cookies since, but none have been as good as these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (3 ounces)
- 12 ounces coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate chunks (Four 3-ounce chocolate bars such as Lindt or Tobler)
- vegetable shortening, for the baking sheets
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and salt and beat with a spoon until fluffy.
- 2Beat in the egg and baking soda.
- 3Stir in the flour, walnuts and chocolate.
- 4Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 6Using 2 to 3 tablespoons of dough for each cookie, shape the dough into balls and place on the lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies spring back when very lightly touched.
- 8Cool on the sheets for 2 minutes, transfer to paper towels to cool for about 2 minutes, and transfer to racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (882 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 107.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g