Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this for my hunny Wildheart and when she tasted it the next day she melted
- 6 large bananas
- 1 box vanilla wafers or 1 box chocolate wafer
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla pudding mix or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- peel and slice bananas into 1/4" slices.
- crumble the vanilla wafers into med chunks.
- then layer the banana slices and wafers into 1/2" alternating layers till you fill up a large bowl.
- then mix the 4 cups of milk in accordance with the directions for the pudding.
- then pour the pudding covering the bananas and wafers.
- cover tightly with foil and refrigerate for 24 hrs.
Brings back childhood memories. Never thought to crumble the vanilla wafers before...good suggestion. I always use vanilla pudding. I just realized that banana layer pudding is kind of like a southern interpretation of an English trifle. I read somewhere that this type of banana pudding was invented in Oklahoma.
I had been craving Banana Pudding for a week solid when my office mate ate a banana at work the other day and I thought to myself, that's it! I've GOT to make one TONIGHT! I pulled up Zaar to make sure I remembered what to buy at the store on the way home. I saw your recipe and as soon as I got home I whipped it up. I must admit I could NOT wait a whole 24 hours to try it, and it tasted AWESOME just after sitting in the fridge for four hours. But it was even better the next night! Thank you thank you Papabear from me and my husband for submitting!
Papa's not lying, this is the best ever pudding! I caught my 16 year old daughter and her friends in the kitchen...with the bowl of pudding and spoons. No crumbs left, even!