Recipe by papabear3637
I made this for my hunny Wildheart and when she tasted it the next day she melted
Top Review by swissms
Brings back childhood memories. Never thought to crumble the vanilla wafers before...good suggestion. I always use vanilla pudding. I just realized that banana layer pudding is kind of like a southern interpretation of an English trifle. I read somewhere that this type of banana pudding was invented in Oklahoma.
- 6 large bananas
- 1 box vanilla wafers or 1 box chocolate wafer
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes vanilla pudding mix or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes chocolate pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- peel and slice bananas into 1/4" slices.
- crumble the vanilla wafers into med chunks.
- then layer the banana slices and wafers into 1/2" alternating layers till you fill up a large bowl.
- then mix the 4 cups of milk in accordance with the directions for the pudding.
- then pour the pudding covering the bananas and wafers.
- cover tightly with foil and refrigerate for 24 hrs.