Recipe by SweetChef
Rich chocolate cupcakes. Found this online on someone's blog. It might have come from a cookbook originally, but I don't know which one. My cupcakes cooked in 22 minutes.
Top Review by muffinlady
Good Cupcake I love buttermilk in cooking, though I used sour milk as did not have any. If you have to make mini cupcakes you will not have any paper cups so might stick because of chocolate chips. everything came out but chocolate chips that sank to bottom. though not fault of recipe. I don't know if it is because i only let cool 5+ minutes minutes before took out of pan
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa, sifted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line Muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk, starting with flour. Making three additions of flour mixture and two additions of buttermilk. (Flour, Buttermilk, Flour, Buttermilk, Flour) beating until batter is smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes or until top of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Frost when completely cooled.