Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rich chocolate cupcakes. Found this online on someone's blog. It might have come from a cookbook originally, but I don't know which one. My cupcakes cooked in 22 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line Muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk, starting with flour. Making three additions of flour mixture and two additions of buttermilk. (Flour, Buttermilk, Flour, Buttermilk, Flour) beating until batter is smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes or until top of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Frost when completely cooled.