Recipe by bkellum
Found this on YouTube a few years back. It was done by a chef. I can't find it on there anymore & keep misplacing my written recipe. Figured I'd load it here for safe keeping. Although there are several similar recipes here I didn't find any quite like this one. It's great tasting & if you're in a hurry you can use a roasted chicken from the store! Prep time includes 1 hour to cook chicken if needed. If you get the precooked from the store it only takes me about 15 minutes to shred, mix & roll
- 1 whole chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 lb finely shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 16 ounces green chili sauce
- corn tortilla (or any kind)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred your chicken.
- add hot sauce, salt & cumin.
- add tablespoon of chile sauce & little over 1/2 the cheese.
- mix well.
- coat the bottom of casserole pan with 4-5 spoonfuls of chile sauce.
- warm corn tortilla over heat to soften for rolling.
- fill full should make 10 enchiladas.
- cover with green chile sauce, using a spoon make sure sauce gets down between each enchilada.
- cover with remaining cheese.
- bake uncovered in 375 oven for 30min.
- Serve garnished with sour cream, fresh diced tomatos, green onion, avacado, whatever you like.