Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have made this cake many times it's very good, I use my Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option) to frost the top but you may use your own favorite frosting :)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packaed (or use 2 cups white sugar)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat together eggs, oil, both sugars and vanilla until very well blended.
- Mix in the carrots, crushed pineapple and walnuts.
- Add in the flour mixture; beat to combine.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely in the pan before frosting.
This is a delicious, moist carrot cake. Just FYI, I got a tad more than 3 cups shredded carrots from a 1 lb. bag. I made one change, and used 1 3/4 cups brown sugar and omitted the white sugar. Everything else I left as is, and this cake is spectacular. I will make it again and again. I used my own favorite cream cheese frosting (similar to yours but without any whipping cream or whipped topping, and with the addition of a teaspoon of almond extract) and this cake was gobbled right up for dessert tonight. Yummy! Thanks Kittencal for another guaranteed success!