Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've been using this recipe for years. I got the recipe off a can of Hershey's Cocoa.
Make and share this Best Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 inch square pan.
- Stir togeter butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs, beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixer, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts in desired. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.Sprinkle with powder sugar. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
These were nice brownies with a cake-like texture. But they were moist and chocolaty so they definitely get five stars for that. I did a variation on 1/2 the recipe using Peanut Butter Streusel for Brownies as a topping and I baked other pan plain. I left out the nuts (personal preference) but mmm! I found myself wanting "just another bite" of these. I enjoyed them lots, great with a nice cold glass of milk. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
These Hershey's brownies tastes great though not the best. It has a cake like consistency but nevertheless so tasty that DH ate them in a day! I used Hershey's cocoa here as well ;) and didn't use the optional nuts. Love the addition of sugar powder sprinkled on top. Thanks! Made for Spring PAC 2009.
I made these last night. They do have a great chocolate flavor, I didn't use the salt or nuts. I used Sweet n low instead of sugar, so Mother could eat these. They were moist and very chewy. Thanks for the recipe.