Recipe by Coffee lover
I've been using this recipe for years. I got the recipe off a can of Hershey's Cocoa.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
These were nice brownies with a cake-like texture. But they were moist and chocolaty so they definitely get five stars for that. I did a variation on 1/2 the recipe using Recipe #415249 as a topping and I baked other pan plain. I left out the nuts (personal preference) but mmm! I found myself wanting "just another bite" of these. I enjoyed them lots, great with a nice cold glass of milk. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 inch square pan.
- Stir togeter butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs, beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixer, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts in desired. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.Sprinkle with powder sugar. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.