Recipe by Willow
These are really good. I got the recipe from a cookbook, but I added the syrup as a sweetener. They are really good - don't let the syrup make you think otherwise!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon real maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add eggs; using a wooden spoon, beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa,baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into egg mixture.
- Add maple syrup.
- Spread in GREASED 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes or until brownie begins to peel away from edges of pan.
- Cool; cut into squares.