Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The most juicy and succulent brats ever. Everyone will rave about the juices. Have a lot of napkins on hand!
- 6 -8 bratwursts
- 2 large Spanish onions
- 6 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 36 ounces beer (I use Miller Light)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (I use Land-O-Lakes)
- 6 -8 brat buns
- Add brats, beer, 3/4 stick of butter, garlic, 1/2 onion, and salt to pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place on medium hot grill and grill until golden brown (15 to 20 minutes).
- Use remaining butter to sauté onions until they become opaque.
- Place on buns top with a spicy mustard and onions.
Delicious! I omitted the butter but otherwise followed the instructions and they turned out juicy with tons of yummy flavor. Thank you :)
These were awesome. We really enjoyed them. I broiled in the oven instead of grilling (since my husband usually does the grilling....) and the result was great. Thanks.
Delicious Brats. I did put a whole onion in the beer. Be careful not to simmer on too high of heat, or the brats will burst open. I didn't saute the remaining onions in butter as we really like the vadalia onion raw on our brats, but they were soooo juicy and delicious. No more fires on the grill making the brats this way, just a few minutes on there and you have the taste of the grill, and even better the brats don't burst open there either and cause a flame up. I only grilled for probably about 10 min on low on a gas grill and stood right there and watched them. They were perfect, thanx for much for posting this recipe.