Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The title says it all. If you are planning a BBQ, this is the coleslaw to take! There are many coleslaw recipes on food.com, but none just like this, and this is by far our favorite! From Southern Living Favorites, Spring 2004. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- Whisk sugar, mayonnaise, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, white vinegar, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Add shredded cabbage and carrot, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
An outstanding creamy style coleslaw quite easy to prepare. For extra flavour, add 1/2 tsp. of celery seed. AWESOME!
Cut the sugar by 1/2, but otherwise followed dressing instructions. Poured it over shredded green and red cabbage, grated carrot and grated onion. Good stuff!