Recipe by lsustacy
My first attempt at banana bread, and my entire family enjoyed it and asked for seconds!
Top Review by Merlot
This is definitely "the best" banana bread! I followed the instruction exactly and used walnuts. Great flavor and very moist. This is a winner, Isustacy. Can't wait to make it again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 bananas, peeld and cut in chunks
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add banana chucks and beat until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add Vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Blend throughly.
- Fold in nuts.
- Turn into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn out on rack to cool.
- Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and let stand overnight before slicing.