Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is not your mamma's baked ziti. It's my go to recipe..the sour cream and provolone set it apart from any other recipe. Don't believe me check out the zillion 5 star reviews at all recipes!
- 1⁄2 lb dry ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
Just made tonight and it was GREAT!!
I made this for Sunday dinner, but had to use Penne instead of Ziti since it's what I had on hand. This turned out to be some of the best pasta we've ever had. I think the addition of sour cream made all the difference. We'll definitely be having this again. Great recipe!!!
This was a really good recipe, easy to make and it tasted excellent! Thanks!