Recipe by Bumblina
These are the best Sloppy Joes I have ever had! They are fairly easy to make and if you happen to have any leftovers they reheat very well!
Top Review by kelly jean
I was about to post this recipe myself, but did a quick search to see if it was already out here. This is a favorite around my house!! If I'm feeling lazy, I just use tub butter -- spread it on the rolls, then sprinkle with the paprika and garlic powder.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil, large enough to wrap finished sandwich
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- stir in the tomato sauce; ketchup, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and oregano.
- bring to a boil.
- reduce heat.
- simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- in a bowl (or glass measuring cup) combine butter, paprika and remaining garlic powder.
- mix well.
- brush over cut sides of rolls.
- place bottom half of kaiser roll on each piece of heavy-duty foil.
- spread meat mixture on roll bottoms.
- top with mozzarella cheese.
- replace roll tops.
- wrap each sandwich in heavy-duty foil
- place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.