Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favourite carrot cake. ( I am posting the Cream Cheese Icing separately.)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn oil
- 3 cups packed, grated carrots
- Preheat oven 325.
- Grease 1 round Angel Food cake pan.
- Sift together first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- Beat 4 eggs til light.
- Set aside.
- Beat corn oil and gradually add sugar with mixer on high.
- Gradually add eggs to oil and beat until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Add grated carrots.
- If desired add raisins or nuts.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake 1 hour or til it is brown and top springs back.
- Allow 20 minutes to cool before turning out of pan.
- This is great with Creamed Cheese icing or just plain!