Recipe by Caribbean_Girl
Delicious dessert that is very simple and inexpensive that will come out looking beautiful and taste even better.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxducan hines white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxjell-o cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 450 g of your favorite berry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the evaporated milk in the freezer in a bowl and chill until ice begins to form at the egde of the bowl (about 15 mins).
- Prepare cake mix using eggs, oil and 1 1/3 cups water (as directed) and bake using a 9 x 13 pan. Allow to cool completely in the pan, which will also be the serving dish.
- Dissolve gelatin in the 1 tbsp water then follow with the 2 tbsp hot water. make sure all the gelatin is dissolved (the mixture should be clear).
- Added the gelatin to the berry pie filling and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Whip the chilled evaporated milk until soft peaks begin to form. (about 5 mins should be enough) then added the the jello pudding
- mix and stir in using a whisk until the mixture becomes thick. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Assemble the pie by spearding the jello pudding mixture on the cake (still in the pan) until the top is fully covered. Then place the berry pie mixture on top of the pudding layer. Enjoy!
- 16. Note: This is great with cherry or blueberry pie filling.