1/1 Photo of Berry-Pie
1 hr 10 mins
This is such a great summer pie, which can be eaten either hot or cold. It's quite easy to make and really looks incredible. Goes great with whipped (vanilla-flavoured) cream. Mind: Dough needs one hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add flour and stir in well. Add butter, egg white and 2 tbs of water. Using the dough hooks of your mixer to knead this first on low level and then on highest level.
- 2Using your hands knead the dough on a floured working surface until it has become smooth. Wrap in cling film and cool for 1 hour.
- 3Preheat your oven to 200°C Wash the berries (or drain your thawed berries).
- 4Take 1/3 of the dough and form it into a long roll. Place the roll in a pie dish and press it against the rim.
- 5Fill the berries into the pie dish and sprinkle them with sugar.
- 6Take the rest of the dough and roll it out until you have a round disk of the same diameter as your pie dish. Use a cookie cutter to make a hole in the middel of the disk and then transferr the disk onto the berries. Press against the sides.
- 7Mix egg yolk with 1 tbs of water and spread the pie crust with it.
- 8Bake for about 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes in the oven (turned off).
- 9Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry-Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3648.1
- Calories from Fat 1168
- Total Fat 129.7 g
- Saturated Fat 78.7 g
- Cholesterol 532.0 mg
- Sodium 957.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 594.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.0 g
- Sugars 221.5 g
- Protein 44.0 g