Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful brunch dish. Prep the night before, bake the next morning.
- 6 slices bread, crust removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Cut or tear bread into about 1 inch pieces.
- Place half in 9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Cut cream cheese into 1" cubes roll cheese cubes in cinnamon sugar.
- Place cheese cubes over bread.
- Top with frozen raspberries and remaining bread cubes.
- In large bowl combine eggs, milk and maple syrup; mix well, pour over bread and cheese.
- Cover and chill over night.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes at 350°F uncovered, bake 25-30 minutes til golden and center is set.
- In saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, and water.
- Bring to boil over med heat, boil 3 minutes stirring constantly, stir in blueberries, reduce heat, simmer til berries burst about 10 minutes.
- Cut strata into 6 squares serve with blueberry sauce.