Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
The first time I made oatmeal this way I thought it tasted like french toast topped with berries...thus the name! :) Use whichever kind of berries you like...my personal favorite is cherries.
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup berries, frozen
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free syrup
- 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- Add 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats and 1 cup water into a large microwaveable bowl.
- Cook in microwave on 50% power for 6 minutes.
- Place frozen berries in small bowl and defrost in microwave until the juice from the berries is released (it takes about 50 seconds on mine).
- Add defrosted berries(+ juice), sugar free syrup, butter spray, and flax seed together and stir well.
Made this for breakfast this morning. I followed the recipe, using blackberries as that is what I had in the freezer. They were unsweetened so I did add a teaspoon of splenda as we tought it needed it. I didn't add the flax seeds as I didn't have any. I cooked mine on high for two minutes and it was done the way I like it. My son and I shared this. I loved it but he just liked it he said. I like that it is something different.
The ingredients in this are so simple but it tastes so good. I used stevia powder to sweeten it and coconut oil for the fat content. I like the deviation from traditional cinnamon oatmeal.
Thank you, BeautifulHuman for posting this. It was delicious. I didn't know you could nuke oatmeal so quickly (I would recommend putting a liner under your bowl as mine boiled over). I can't believe how good this was. Oatmeal usually makes me want to hurl. I've been forcing myself to eat until I found your recipe. Now I actually enjoy it. Thanks again!