Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
For something that sounds so dainty, this sure does get you trashed! lol But seriously, this is a great christmas present for your booze-hound. ;)Lasts forever, too. Just pour the finished product into jars and slap on a pretty piece of cloth and a ribbon. The recipe is originally for blackberries, but you can use any berry you like.
- 2 quarts berries
- 1 lb sugar (yes, a pound of sugar. Splenda doesnt work too well)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup brandy or 1 cup Bourbon
- Puree the berries and strain to get a little over 1 quart of juice.
- Place in a saucepan with the sugar and spices and bring to a boil.
- Skim the mixture and let cool.
- Add booze.
- Bottle and seal!