Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful way to use up your surplus of fresh berries in the summer! The perfect cake to bring to a cookout or potluck!
- 5 eggs
- 395.10 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml butter, at room temperature
- 29.58 ml kirsch or 29.58 ml Grand Marnier or 29.58 ml water
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 709.77 ml mixed berries, such as raspberries,blueberries,blackberries,chopped strawberries
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- Blend the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the butter and liqueur and beat until light and fluffy.
- Toss the berries with 2 tablespoons of the flour to coat well.
- Add the remaining flour and baking powder to the egg mixture and beat until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the berries and pour the batter into a greased and floured 9-in bundt or tube pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325 oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack and dust with powdered sugar immediately before serving.
Made this with leftover berries -- fresh strawberries, frozen berry mix, and frozen cranberries.. Very good, but very sweet.