Recipe by Domestic Goddess
This actually is a dessert which my family enjoys on those hot summer days. Just mix the thawed, frozen, sweetened strawberries with the cream, and served over torn pieces of white bread.
Top Review by Talilah
I haven't tried your recipe, but my family makes a similar dish. We get tons of strawberries in the summer. We then crush some of them and add sugar to taste. Then, we pour some of the strawberry sauce over bread pieces, add some milk, and have that for breakfast or a snack. I've loved it for years!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs sliced frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- homemade white bread or store bought white bread, torn into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, add the 3-1/2 lbs. (thawed) sweetened sliced strawberries.
- Stir in the heavy cream until blended.
- Chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes to 1-2 hours.
- In serving bowls, add torn pieces of homemade, or store bought white bread.
- Pour desired amounts of the berry mixture over each bowl of bread.
- Note: If using your own frozen strawberries, you may need to add a bit more granulated sugar, but according to taste. Do this before adding the cream. The amount of strawberries and cream added; depends upon you.