Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs 20 mins
- 3 1⁄3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 4 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 4 1⁄2 cups currants
- 1 cup citron, thinly cut
- 1⁄4 cup grape juice
- 3⁄4 cup light molasses
- Sift flour once, measure, add baking powder, salt, and spices; sift together three times.
- Cream butter thoroughly, add sugar gradually, and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add fruit, grape juice, and molasses, and mix well.
- Add flour gradually, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Turn into tube pan, which has been greased, lined with heavy paper, and again greased.
- Bake in very slow oven ( 250 F.) 4-1/2 hours, or until done.