Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Berbere Spiced Chickpeas & Sweet Potato
- 1 . set 3-4 sweet potato
- 2 . set 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 . set 1/2 red onions, sliced
- 4 . set 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 5 . set 1 tbsp rawspicebar's berbere
- 6 . set 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 7 . set 1 cups Baby Spinach
- Preheat your oven to 220°C Prick your sweet potatoes several times with a fork, place on a baking tray and bake for an hour or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add coconut oil into a frying pan on medium high heat. Add red onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and ginger, cook for a further 2 minutes. Add RawSpiceBar's Berbere spices and cook for another minute. Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add baby spinach and let simmer, another 3-4 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, slice through the center and fill with the berbere chickpea & spinach mixture. Enjoy!