Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is juicy and yummy. I kinda combined several differerent recipes and threw in my own flava. My awesome husband Ben loved it.
- 10 chicken strips, skinless
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted (or Smart Balance)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix Butter,Garlic powder, Egg and Hot Sauce until smooth.
- In separate pan, combine Dry bread crumbs, Finely grated cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- In another pan, mix Flour, Salt and Pepper.
- Rinse and pat dry Chicken strips.
- Dip Chicken strip in the wet mixture.
- Dredge in the flour
- Place in Breadcrumb mixture and sprinkle it over the top of it (I patted it a little to make sure it was sticking good, then flipped it over and did it again).
- Place strips on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 Minutes.
Made this pretty much as given, although I did cut the chicken into bite-size pieces & also used just the 1/4 cup of hot sauce! Served these on toothpicks to those attending one of my monthly groups! Very nice, & very quickly gone! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]