Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Beets go particularly well with tuna dishes. This one brings a sweet yet tangy flavor and serves as a great side dish
- 2 (1 lb) cans beets, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 6 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat beats in their liquid.
- In another small pan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Blend in orange juice, 2 tsp of rind and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in butter untli melted.
- Drain hot beets, pour sauce over them.
- Sprinkle with remaining rind.
- Serve hot.