Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a Woolworth's Fresh magazine and came from a segment on entertaining on a budget
- 450 g of drained beetroots
- 236.59 ml walnuts, other nuts would be ok
- 44.37-59.16 ml thick natural yoghurt
- 14.79-29.58 ml dukkah, spice blend or 14.79-29.58 ml seasoning, of your choice
- Process nuts till fine.
- Add beetroot and process with nuts.
- Add yoghurt and spice blend.
- Blend till smooth
- Serve with pita crisps.
First of all I serached what dukkah is. It's a mix of spices which contain sesame, cumin, coriander and other ingredients.
For this reason I deced to use this spices and blend it together with the walnuts.
I used boiled beetroots and Turkish yogurt. I added some salt as well.
For decoration I saliced one beetroot, added one teaspoon of yogurt and topped with the three mentioned spiced.
Was really easy to prepare and soooo delicious! Thanks a lot for this recipe!
Lovely! I made this with cashews and fresh boiled betroot. It's really good.
Very tasty. I used fresh beetroots instead of canned, which i boiled, and hence added salt when processing. I added a bit of cumin powder and my guests loved it.