Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice change to the lettuce, celery and carrot fare. We serve this on those nights when getting home late and the leftovers are heating up. Great for company too because it is different.
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced beets
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced (tennis ball size)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt (sprinkle of each)
- white pepper (sprinkle of each)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh chives (or a sprinkle dry) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (Canola)
- Combine ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- Chill until ready to eat.
What a nice combination the beets and dill are. Never tried that before. The salad tasted fresh, it was easy to make and very tasteful. The second time I made it I added 1 tbs of fresh grated horseradish. Somehow beets and horseradish goes so well together I just had to try it with this salad too. Must say it really does not matter if added or not, the salad is still as tasty with and without horseradish. Yes, this is something that will surely be made again. Thanks for posting.
I really liked way the beets and dill tasted together. I did leave out the vegetable oil when I made it. My husband is from Denmark and loves smorrebrod. We thought this salad would be a great smorrebrod topping!