Recipe by Spencer #2
I have not tried this recipe. I am adding it here for safe keeping. A friend gave this to me and it is her Grandma Hennig's family recipe. It sounded like a good way to use excess beets from the summer garden. If you make these, please review and let me know if you like them.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup red beet, cooked, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 3⁄8 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first 5 ingredients. Stir together next 5 ingredients in separate bowl. Then combine 2 mixtures alternately, mixing well after each addition. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by level tablespoonful 1-1 1/2" apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.